News

Saanich news briefs

Oil fire sends one person to hospital

One person was taken to hospital after a pan of oil caught fire in their home, engulfing the kitchen in flames.

Saanich fire crews were called to the 100-block of Lurline Ave. around 10 p.m. on Sunday (July 29) and arrived to find smoke billowing out of the single-storey home.

The kitchen fire was quickly extinguished.

A resident of the home was taken to hospital with injuries to his arms.

Cougar seen in rural West Saanich

A cougar sighting was reported in the 5300-block of Westhome Rd. near the Roadhouse Bar & Grill in West Saanich.

The report came in to Saanich police around 10:20 p.m. on Sunday (July 29), adding to the numerous cougar sightings this summer.

 

 

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

Teacher strike cheques in the mail
 
Prince Rupert LNG project delayed, others on track
 
ELECTION 2014: Hutchins joins Kids First
Trash trauma at Cobble Hill turnaround riles resident
 
CANCER & FAMILIES-Part 3 – Family focus brought to cancer care
 
Labour consumes most new tax dollars cities collect
Fire departments respond to school fire
 
Bear Buzz, October 29
 
Disclosure rules on way for local elections

Community Events, October 2014

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Oct 29 edition online now. Browse the archives.