As fall takes us back indoors and refocuses attention on our home’s interior, it also brings the season of home renovations.
The good news? You can give your home a whole new look without undertaking a major renovation, says Joshua Farquharson, manager of Windsor Plywood on Keating X Road.
- Doors. Living with original doors, or those installed in a long-ago “update?” Among the most overlooked of easy home updates is doors, especially for those who can work with the existing door frame. Simply bring existing doors to Windsor and they can machine new doors to the same specifications for an easy – and more affordable – install.
- Door hardware. Like cupboard hardware – the jewel of the kitchen – door hardware brightens home hallways and living areas. Unfortunately, it’s often forgotten, even among those who update their doors. “A lot of people have knobs they hate and it’s an easy fix,” Farquharson says. If you haven’t looked at hardware in a while, you might be surprised at the choices at various price points: traditional glass, sleek brushed stainless, and a variety of fun and funky designs. And don’t forget new hinges, which can wear over time.
- Mouldings. Maybe you painted last fall and like the change, but it’s still missing … something. Crown moulding, floor trim and window and door casings are the finishing touches to a room, but often go ignored. If mouldings were last updated in the 1970s, it might be time for something new! Most mouldings today are primed MDF, which pairs longevity with affordability. New to moulding installation? Check with the Windsor pros for some helpful tips.
- Flooring. One of the newest – and most popular – innovations in flooring has been long-lasting vinyl plank, which over the last five years has overtaken laminate in many cases. A treat for home do-it-yourselfers is a new product available from Windsor with built-in underlay and an installation system that makes it easier than ever. For those who appreciate the look of wood, more are turning to engineered flooring, which allows for a wider plank than traditional hardwood.
- Live-edge wood. Bring the outdoors in with new counter, table or mantel crafted from beautiful live-edge wood, a design feature leaving the natural edge of the wood to create a unique, nature-designed piece. Initially used on the Island for fireplace mantels, find it today in tabletops, kitchen islands and more. Need ideas? Get inspired by Windsor’s in-store showpieces.
Windsor Plywood, 2120 Keating X Rd., specializes in interior and exterior home finishing products including flooring, doors, mouldings, wood products and hard-to-source products. Any questions? Just ask! The Windsor experts are happy to help.