From low-impact waterfit to fun times with friends and family, Saanich’s two aquatic centres are making a real splash with residents.
In fact, if you haven’t visited Gordon Head and Saanich Commonwealth Place recreation centres for awhile, you might be surprised at all you can do – especially with the freedom a Saanich Access Pass offers!
“We cater to all ages,” says Ann Carmichael, Aquatic Programmer with Saanich Recreation. “Saanich pools are places people can visit throughout their lives that are accessible and affordable, and there’s a real social element too as many enjoy visiting with friends over a coffee or snack after their swim or class.
“Between both centres there are lots of swimming opportunities, and the Access Pass is such a good deal because you can do so much with it,” Carmichael says.
Did you know you could do ALL this?
- Get water-fit! With 25 waterfit, water walking and water running classes each week at Commonwealth Place and another 13 at Gordon Head, plus lap swimming and Everyone Welcome times to work out on your own – all available with your Access Pass – the pools offer many ways to stay active at every age.
- Post-workout soak: If you’ve finished a weight room workout or fitness class at either centre, your Access Pass also gives you access to the steam room, sauna or hot tub! And if the kids are in the pool for swim lessons or at diving practice, mom or dad can use their Access Pass to hit the treadmill, or to relax in the hot tub.
- Fun in the pool: Commonwealth Place has Greater Victoria’s ONLY wave pool … plus an awesome waterslide. For even more fun, check the times for the WIBIT – an inflatable obstacle course that floats on top of the water. “The kids line up for it, it’s so much fun,” Carmichael says.
- Climb up, splash down: Test your mettle with Gordon Head’s rock wall … and don’t worry, there’s a soft, splashy landing!
- Lazy river: Gordon Head’s river pool offers some unique opportunities for both fitness and fun. Enjoy a relaxing float with the flow of the water or walk against the current for some easy resistance training.
Get your Access Pass today!
Your Saanich Access Pass offers 31 different drop-in activities weekly at four centres, including fitness, sports, swims and skates. Check out the activity calendars online, then buy your pass online or at any Saanich rec centre. Find a good selection of passes to choose from, with something for every budget, including a monthly payment plan for some passes. Learn more at saanich.ca/recreation