The holiday season is about time spent with friends and family, and with any luck, finding a few minutes for yourself.
In fact, with a little extra time away from the office, school and those extracurriculars, you might find yourself looking for a few recreation options.
Saanich Recreation’s Continuous Access Pass makes it easy to enjoy everything from skating and swimming to fitness classes and basic yoga. Some activities are traditional drop-in, like the weight room, and others, like drop-in sports, offer reserved drop-in programs across all four recreation centres!
Here’s a look at what’s happening over the holiday season:
- Take a spin around the Pearkes rink – Grab the kids and use your Access Pass to reserve your spot for an open skate, a stick and puck session, or other reserved drop-in skating spot.
- Get a jump-start … on those New Year’s resolutions with a drop-in workout at one of four Saanich weight rooms.
- Try something new – Work off some of those Christmas cookies with a drop-in session at a Saanich fitness class – choose from classes for all fitness levels at all four centres.
- Relax and rejuvenate – Stretch and strengthen at a basic yoga class. A newer addition to the Continuous Access Pass line-up, find classes at Cedar Hill Rec Centre this season.
- Meditate in the water … with a length swimming session at Saanich Commonwealth Place or Gordon Head recreation centres.
- Take time to relax – After a workout or hours cooking Christmas dinner, take time to relax in the hot tub, sauna or steam room.
- Love a workout but hate the impact? Drop-in to a waterfit class at Gordon Head or Commonwealth Place pool.
- Take a swing at new activity – Badminton, pickleball, table tennis … book your reserved drop-in court rental through the Christmas holidays.
- Have some fun – Hit the waterslides, tackle the climbing wall and make a splash with the kids at your community pool. There’s no better way to fill a little downtime when school’s out!
Following feedback from rec centre patrons, Saanich is introduced the Continuous Access Pass this fall. An updated, simplified version of the former Access Pass, the pass renews automatically each month, either to a credit card or a bank withdrawal, and can be easily stopped at any time.
And if you want to give the gift of recreation this holiday season, there’s still time! A gift card from Saanich Parks Recreation and Community Services can be used for fitness programs, drop-in or put toward an Access Pass. Call or stop by any Saanich recreation centre for more information, or purchase the gift cards online.