One of the awesome things about a Saanich Access Pass is the opportunity to explore so many activities – from fun to fitness – together.
Better yet, you needn’t wait ‘til Family Day to take advantage of it, says Jennifer Pero, a school-age programmer at Gordon Head Recreation Centre.
“We all work together to ensure we have activities for families of all ages and stages to enjoy throughout the year,” Jennifer says.
Ready to get busy? Here’s a look at some of the many activities you can check out in Saanich right now:
- Make splash: Whether you’re looking for a low-impact workout, or an engaging escape for the family on dreary winter days, Saanich’s two pools have it! Choose from drop-in waterfit to length swimming to family fun swims and you’ll discover why the water is where it’s at!
- Take a spin around the ice: Of course, water in frozen form has its benefits too. Head to Pearkes Recreation Centre and lace ‘em up for Parent & Tot time, 19+ Duffer hockey, everyone welcome skates and a whole lot more.
- Pick up the paddle: Choose your weapon – table-tennis or pickleball paddle – and take aim at your Saanich recreation centres! Find drop-in pickleball at Saanich Commonwealth Place, Pearkes and Cedar Hill Recreation Centres, with options for all levels, partner play, adults and families! Prefer a table to a net? Drop-in table-tennis is your ticket to fun, with a variety of sessions to choose from.
- Get sporty: Badminton, basketball, netball or volleyball … if you’re looking for a fun, recreational activity to enjoy as a couple or with your older teens, hit the court with Saanich! No matter where you are, you’ll find an activity nearby, with all levels welcome.
- Get fit together: Partners, parents or families, you’re welcome at Saanich Recreation! Teens and seniors can take advantage of a FREE weightroom orientation, then get busy on the cardio and weight equipment available at each of Saanich’s four recreation centres. (For adults, an orientation is just $15!) Saanich’s weightrooms welcome users 16 years and older, with teens aged 13 to 15 years welcome after completing a weight room orientation.
So what’s the easiest way to check out all these family-friendly activities? Definitely a Saanich Access Pass, providing access to all four Saanich recreation centres. There’s even pay-by-the-month annual passes, meaning it’s easy to find a pass to suit your needs today.
Access more with your Access Pass
Your Saanich Access Pass lets you choose from 31 different drop-in activities weekly at four recreation centres. With a selection of passes available, find something for every budget, including a monthly payment plan for some passes. Learn more at saanich.ca/recreation