It’s time for fall fun at Galey Farms, and 2020 is not holding anyone back!
All your favourite activities are back —the corn maze, the railway, the haunted house, the sphynx — with a few changes to keep everyone safe.
Come say hello to Galey Farms’ newest mascot Howard the Gnome, freshly painted after years waving to gas station customers at Nanoose Bay, then try your nerves in the family-friendly haunted house.
Combo Pass for action-packed entertainment
There will be no walk-in visitors allowed for the farm’s fall fun due to COVID-19, so grab your tickets in advance, online at galeyfarms.showpass.com. Rather than wandering an all-day event with multiple activities, Galey Farms is offering a Combo Pass, which will not only help with physical distancing but also minimize line-ups. Limited time slots are available, so act fast!
- Train ride: Every Combo Pass begins with a train ride on the 1.8 kilometre track around fields of crops, along Blenkinsop Creek, past the pumpkin patch and through some spooky Halloween displays. Show up to the farm 10 minutes before your train ride, and meet at the front of the parking lot with a print-out or digital copy of your ticket.
- Corn maze: After your train ride try your luck in the two-hectare corn maze! Trails wind past the sphinx, a graveyard, Pirates Island, Dino Land, Ghost Town and a family-friendly haunted house.
- Pumpkin patch: Due to Island Health regulations there will be no hayrides on the farm this year, but the pumpkin patch is still open! When you escape the maze take a liesurely stroll down to the pumpkin patch. Combo Pass holders get to visit the exclusive patch with Howard the Gnome. Pick out your prize gourd and take some photos amongst the autumn colours!
Purchase a daytime Combo Pass — the last train leaves the station at 4:30 p.m — or visit in the evening when you can ride the night train, but the pumpkin patch is closed.
For those people looking to purchase a pumpkin we have a second patch for you. Galey’s Public Pumpkin Patch at Allison Rd. and Blenkinsop Rd., open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday to Sunday.
3 ways to pick a pumpkin
- Visit Galey’s Public Pumpkin Patch at the corner of Allison Rd. and Blenkinsop Rd. halfway between Galey Farms and McKenzie Rd.
- Visit Galey Market at 4150 Blenkinsop Rd.
- Pick one up at the end of your Combo Pass visit (sold separately).