Picture this: Unlimited use of four weight rooms, numerous drop-in fitness and waterfit classes, plus two pools, two ice rinks and an array of drop-in sports.
Then there’s the four clean, safe facilities to choose from, knowedgeable instructors leading the programs and the social connections activity builds. And we almost forgot the free parking.
Better yet, you can have it all for less than $40 per month, based on the monthly amount for an annual pass!
“With unlimited access to all the drop-in activities and everything else you can use your Access Pass for, it’s really a great value,” says Careena Elford, Health & Wellness Programmer with Saanich Recreation. “It makes it really easy to stick to your goals, whether that’s to lose weight, build muscle, reduce stress, or build social connections.”
Here’s how it works:
From single drop-in admissions to full-year passes, Saanich Recreation offers numerous ways to try something new, join a friend, fit in fitness or spend quality time together with family.
“There’s something that works for every stage you’re in,” Elford says.
- Access passes are available for children, youth, students, adults, seniors and families.
- Depending on the age category, pass options are available for, 10x or 25x punch cards, or three-month, six-month and annual passes. Not sure what to choose? Try a single admission first!
- Annual passes can be paid monthly, which for an adult works out to just $38.23 per month!
- The annual Family Pass, which includes two parents and up to four children age 18 or younger, all living in the same home, is just $76.44 per month!
Discover all you can do with your Access Pass!
Your Saanich Access Pass provides access to 31 different drop-in activities weekly at four centres, including:
- Access to four weight rooms at Pearkes, Gordon Head, Cedar Hill and Saanich Commonwelath Place recreation centres, including drop-in circuit classes;
- 80 drop-in fitness classes between Saanich’s four centres;
- 40 waterfit, water walking and water running classes each week between Commonwealth Place and Gordon Head recreation centre pools, plus lap swimming and Everyone Welcome swims;
- Access to drop-in sports ranging from pickleball to volleyball.
Beyond individual activities, Access Pass holders often talk about the social connections they build, seeing regular faces in their fitness class or the weight room. “One of the best ways of sticking to a program is having people who support you and keep you accountable,” Elford notes. “It starts to become a part of your routine and part of your life, and so much more than just a fitness program.”
Your Saanich Access Pass also gives you access to guidance, tips and program suggestions from Saanich’s expert staff. “We often hear how important our staff are – they’re a big part of why people keep coming back. Not only are they warm and welcoming, but they’re also a knowledgeable resource.”
Ready to learn more?
Visit saanich.ca/recreation or stop in to any Saanich recreation centre.