Candle fire damages Cordova Bay home

A candle left unattended in a Cordova Bay home resulted in a small house fire that sent two people to hospital on Saturday.

A candle left unattended in a Cordova Bay home resulted in a small house fire that sent two people to hospital on Saturday.

Six Saanich fire department trucks attended the 500-block of Rambler Rd. around 4:45 a.m. after the candle fell on a mattress, setting it on fire.

Two people inside the home suffered smoke inhalation and were taken to hospital.

Fire crews were on scene for about an hour. Damage to the home and contents inside is estimated at $20,000.

kslavin@saanichnews.com