Victoria Fire Department helps put out a fire at Christie’s Pub that started with rags in the dryer. (Photo courtesy John Edgar)

Victoria Fire Department helps put out a fire at Christie’s Pub that started with rags in the dryer. (Photo courtesy John Edgar)

Fire at Christie’s Carriage House Pub on Fort Street

The fire was caused by rags in a dryer

A fire broke out at Christie’s Pub on Fort Street in Victoria Saturday morning.

Victoria Fire responded to the incident at 1739 Fort St. to assist.

According to a statement released by Victoria Fire Department, the fire was caused by a laundry dryer that was drying rags. The damage is estimated to be around $1,000, but there is no damage to the building’s structure.

No one was injured, and the pub is now open.


Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter

editor@vicnews.com

Victoria Fire Department