Saanich teen burned in grease fire

A teen was treated for minor burns Thursday night following a kitchen fire in the 3900-block of Cedar Hill Cross Rd.

The 19-year-old was cooking inside the home just before 10:30 p.m., April 21, when a grease fire broke out.

“Unable to hold the pot, (he) dropped it, burning himself a little more and causing the fire,” Saanich police Const. Kris Dukeshire said.

The B.C. Ambulance Service attended to treat the teen, while 16 firefighters in two engines, two ladder trucks, one rescue truck and a command vehicle extinguished the fire.

A pet was retrieved unharmed from a third floor and no other injuries were reported.

Saanich Fire Department estimates damage from the blaze at $20,000.

nnorth@saanichnews.com

Be Among The First To Know

Sign up for a free account today, and receive top headlines in your inbox Monday to Saturday.

Sign Up with google Sign Up with facebook

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Reset your password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

A link has been emailed to you - check your inbox.



Don't have an account? Click here to sign up
Pop-up banner image