It's still hot, it's still dry and there are still fire hazard warnings in Greater Victoria.
A grass fire was discovered in Saanich Friday morning, believed to be fuelled by a discarded cigarette.
Police and fire were called to McKenzie Avenue near the Interurban Road overpass just after 6 a.m. to the small blaze, which was quickly extinguished.
A black Nissan pickup truck was seen pulled over at that spot just before the fire started.
"People who are smoking in their vehicle are encouraged to use the ash tray in their car (to dispose of cigarette butts)," said Saanich police Sgt. Dean Jantzen.
Tossing a cigarette from a vehicle constitutes a ticketable offence under the Motor Vehicle Act and the Litter Act.
The South Island remains under a high to extreme fire danger rating, according to the Ministry of Forests and Range.
Anyone with information on Friday's incident is asked to contact Saanich police at 250-475-4321.